What is Mobile App Development?
Mobile App Development is the process of making a Mobile application on a mobile platform. This usually consists of different forms of Mobile Applications. The main three are Native Applications, Hybrid Apps, and Encapsulated Apps. There are other forms of Mobile Applications, like Progressive Website Apps and Frameworks and Libraries. Mobile App Development typically has 6 steps to the development process. Those being, Strategy, Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and release. Costs of Mobile App Development can vary and could be expensive.
The Important Parts of Mobile App Development
Overall if you are going to develop a mobile app you should understand the different types of Mobile Apps. You should also understand the six steps it takes to create a mobile app. The cost is an important part of App development as well.
The four Main Forms of Mobile App Development
Native Applications are Applications coded using the mobile devices’ original coding language, such as Apple iOS and Google Android. Native Apps are customizable with necessary features. This is less expensive, unlike other Application types.
Encapsulated Apps are Applications that operate inside of a Container Application. This allows inexperienced Developers to create a mobile app quickly and easily. An Example of this form of App would be Microsoft Power App.
Other forms of Mobile Applications
Frameworks and Libraries are a wide variety of prewritten codes that someone could use to develop their application faster. Progressive Website Apps, or a PWA for short, is a website that behaves and simulates a Mobile Application. These forms of Applications typically have to do with an Ecommerce Business.
The Mobile App Development Process
The Mobile App Development Process has 6 steps: Strategy, Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Release.
- Strategy: The Strategy portion consists of finding a problem, then finding a solution to that problem through an application. These may simply be questions like “how can I improve how much people see my product.” After people find something to solve with an application, they start to explore paths to a solution.
- Planning: The Planning phase is where an application is sorted into key details that the App will development process. This is where they would find possible developers, like Mobile App Developers, and start road-mapping their applications.
- Design: The Design Phase is when hired designers will start creating features and the appearance of the Application. This is also when a UX designer may be of use because they would help direct the functionality and major features of the app towards a customer-friendly design.
- Development: This phase will be when a Developer will start creating the Application. This more specifically is when the technical architecture and technology stack will be developed.
- Testing: The Testing phase is when testers will test the application. Mainly to find any flaws that your application has
- Release: This is the final phase in a Mobile Application Development process. This is when the Application is finally released and also when companies or businesses would start marketing their mobile Application.
Costs of Creating a Mobile App
The Overall cost of a Mobile App can be expensive. The main cost of a Mobile Application would be the Developers. However, there are many different forms of Developers. There are No-code App Builders, who used free tools to create smaller mobile applications. Enterprise Apps are typically an exploring tool. These tools are typically easy to use and come at a common cost of at most $50 a month. Mobile Optimized Websites are the most practical way to build a website for both a desktop and Mobile device. These tools are often a monthly subscription that cost less than 100 dollars. Complex apps are a more costly form of development. The tools required to create a Complex app would be in the price range of $250,000 or more. The type of Complex app would be an app that requires gaming AI or 3D graphics